Located in No.50 Red Army Street, Nangang District, Harbin, formerly known as the Moscow Shopping Mall, the Heilongjiang Provincial Museum was built in 1906 in classical European Baroque style and run by the provincial government. It is the largest museum and one of the oldest shopping malls in Heilongjiang province.
Covering an area of 7,000 square meters, the museum is a science center for collecting, researching, and exhibiting its history, cultural relics, arts, propagations and so forth. Over 107 thousand collections are being display in the three exhibit halls in the museum.
The museum is a two storey building. The first storey is an exhibit hall displays some calligraphy and the rest are some seal works and a set of Chairman Mao's poems.
The second storey consists of two main exhibit halls. The exhibit hall on the left of the building is for ancient historical relics of Heilongjiang province and right exhibit hall for samples of ancient animals.
9:00 – 16:00
No. 1, 7, 10, 13, 21, 64, 101 and 109